Friday, September 9, 2011

Artwalk, BP, and Free Internet

Here is our ranking on tonight's activities ranked from most to least lame:

1. Artwalk - Sorry guys. I know 99% of the attendees for tonight's Artwalk just loved it. Unfortunately, my art depth is pretty shallow, so most of the creativity was lost on me. I did, however, enjoy coming across many a hipster male with a good beard. On the downside, each bearded man was attached...and not to me.
:( I love that area of town, but I think I may need to take a contemporary art appreciation class to fully enjoy the Artwalk experience.

2. BP - It may sound lame to you, but a convenience store with beverages for less than $2 a piece, after walking down hipster lane where coffee costs twice that (not knocking it...if you checked my bank statement you'd see the Red Cat on there more times than I'd like to admit) it's refreshing to go to a place more my speed. Plus, you always run into interesting folk there. And honestly, those people probably have more in common with me than the hipsters I encountered earlier.

3. Free Internet - Shout out to my alma mater: Samford University. Samford has free internet, upon which I am writing this lovely little blog entry with two fellow Anti-Lamers. After a nice walk around the campus on this gorgeous almost-fall evening, we retired to the food court area and are taking advantage of their awesome free internet. In addition, we are leaving this blog up on four computers when we walk away. Why? Anti-Lame proselytization? Perhaps. Is this the correct usage of that word? Perhaps not.

Moral: Try new things. Sometimes they'll be your cup o' tea...sometimes not.

No comments:

Post a Comment